Saturday, March 25, 2017

India's major airlines ban Shiv Sena MP after slipper assault on steward...

An Indian politician has been banned from flying on most of the country’s major carriers after admitting he used a slipper to thrash an Air India steward.

Ravindra Gaikwad, an MP in India’s lower house for the Hindu nationalist Shiv Sena party, claimed the attendant had insulted him on the Pune to New Delhi flight.

“What did he say, that I hit him with my hand? I hit him 25 times with a slipper,” an unrepentant Gaikwad told ANI news agency in video footage it posted on Twitter and aired on Indian news channels.

He added that he “dare[d] the Delhi police to arrest me” over the attack and asked the Indian state airline for an apology.

 “I am booked on a 4pm flight to Pune,” he said on Friday morning. “I will take that flight. How can they not let me travel when I have a booking and I am their passenger.” Full story...

Related posts:
  1. India floods: Chief minister mocked after being carried through ankle-deep...
  2. Security officer cleans Indian chief minister Mayawati's shoes!!!
  3. Indian MPs' salaries set to increase by 100%...
  4. Indian politician 'wore burqa in order to grope women' at religious...
  5. Delhi's former women's minister arrested for rape as 'objectionable'

No comments:

Post a Comment