Saturday, October 24, 2015

Why do so many Russians turn to psychics?

I have never visited a psychic. So as I stand in the huge metal lift of a multi-storey building in a Moscow suburb, I am filled with curiosity, scepticism and some trepidation. My appointment is with Alexander Sheps, a celebrity psychic.

I grew up in St Petersburg, the city once home to Russia's most famous psychic, Rasputin.

But Sheps looks nothing like the bearded beady-eyed priest. Young and tall, he is rather as I would have imagined Count Dracula in his youth, but more softly spoken. His black T-shirt sports a picture of a ghostly skull.

Sheps is a winner of the The Battle of the Psychics, a reality TV show that attracts more than four million viewers per episode in Russia, even now into its 16th series.

"My main focus is communicating with the dead. I practise the art of magic. Full story...

Related posts:
  1. Russia has ‘more occult healers than doctors’
  2. Moscow ‘wizard’ held over serial photo-model killings...
  3. Russia moves to ban witches and faith healers...
  4. Jesus of Siberia: Russian claims to be the son of God!!!
  5. Russian boy killed in exorcism ritual...
  6. Two men jailed for eating teen girl in Russia... 

No comments:

Post a Comment