Friday, November 21, 2014

Online millionaire gives up fortune to live in hut...

Liu Jingchong, 38, was a successful multi-millionaire in China before he tossed all of his possessions and moved to a remote hut on the side of a mountain.

However, the former manufacturing and textile baron might never have left behind the rat race in the bustling Guangdong province had it not been for a freak car accident — and a book.

“It is true that I earned a lot of money and I can’t say I hated my life,” Jingchong told Central European News. “I would even say that I loved it, but all that changed when friends of mine and I had a car accident in a remote part of the country in north-western China’s Qinghai province.”

“We needed to get a new car and not all of us were fit to travel immediately. But as I was relatively OK, I stayed in a hotel where about the only thing to do was read a book on Buddhism.”

“I have to say it’s changed my life.” Full story...

Related posts:
  1. Taiwanese vegetable vendor donates $330,000 over 20 years...
  2. Depressed IT worker quits job after being ‘paid too much’
  3. Beggar in India gives alms to those even less fortunate than himself...
  4. 100-year-old Saudi beggar dies leaving behind million-dollar fortune...
  5. 'Five coffees, please. Two of them for us and three suspended'
  6. Singapore undertaker buries the poor and the needy for free.
  7. Lotto winner in Nigeria gives away money to beggar...

No comments:

Post a Comment