Sunday, September 29, 2013

A 111-year-old's secret to a long life? 20 cigs a day and a pint of sherry for breakfast and not having kids...

Widow Dorothy has enjoyed a tipple for years and has smoked for most of her life.

She said: “I drank regularly throughout the day. In the morning I had half a pint of sherry, for lunch a gin and tonic and around 7pm a small ginger ale with a bit of whisky. These days I just have a sherry now and again.

“I decided to pack in smoking when I was 103 because I got bronchitis and the doctor warned me my life was in danger!

“I used to smoke 20 a day but not any more. I have been tempted to have the odd cig at Christmas or New Year along with pink champagne, which is my favourite drink of all time.

“So much for smoking and drinking isn’t good for you. I am living proof that a little of what you fancy does you good. And I think not having had kids has helped. That’s probably why I look and feel so good.” Full story...

Related posts:
  1. 'Life, its behind us, for me it was beautiful'
  2. 10 cigars a day and a shot of whisky, and he's 100 years old!!!
  3. The top 5 regrets of the dying...
  4. Henry Allingham, Europe's oldest man, credits cigarettes, whisky and wild, wild women!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment