Saturday, June 27, 2009

And my idol died, a Nigerian's tribute to Michael Jackson...

God, please forgive me, for claiming publicly that I worshipped an idol. Truth is I did. I worshipped Michael Jackson. I hated anyone who ever passed snide remarks about this greatest showman on earth. Strangely, I never met my idol. He was a god I accepted in good faith. A god I would have loved to meet. But I kept faith with his music, and was privileged to have met some of his siblings. There was nothing I did not try to meet him. I always knew it was only a matter of time before the relentless vicissitudes of life would take its final toll on this extremely frail but prodigiously talented artiste. More...

See also:

  1. Jackson was a 'mutant' says French paper...
  2. George Carlin: Michael Jackson is the greatest...
  3. Michael Jackson and Beat It...

No comments:

Post a Comment